The night before Pesach, the family gathers around to check the house for any last crumbs that might have been missed. With a candle and a feather, we do one last Bedikas Chometz before the holiday of Passover begins. Get your Bedikat Chametz set here!
- Wood spoon
- white bleached feather
- Beeswax candle
- Brochos card
- Bag for bread crumbs
- Place ten pieces of bread throughout the house.
- After sunset light the candle, hold it together with the feather and paper bag, and recite the following blessing: Baruch atta Ado-nai Elo-hai-nu Melech ha'olam asher kid-sha-nu b'mitz-vo-sav v'tzi-vanu al bee-ur chomets. [Blessed are you, Lord our God, King of the universe, who has sanctified us with the commandments, and commanded us to remove the chomets.]
- Proceed to search for chomets in all the rooms of the house. Each piece of bread is placed in the paper bag.
- After the search, place the extinguished candle and feather and the wooden spoon together with the chomets in the bag. Close the bag securely and put it in a safe place until the morning.
- Immediately after the search, recite the following: All leaven and anything leavened that is in my possession, which I have neither seen nor removed, and about which I am unaware, shall be considered nullified and owner less as the dust of the earth.